What To Expect On Your First Visit
- Medical and dental history will be reviewed with you
- Thorough examination of teeth, gums, oral soft and hard tissues, head and neck
- Radiographs (x-rays) if required
- Dental cleaning including a scaling for adults, polish and fluoride for kids
- Demonstration on how to properly brush and floss
- Any other oral hygiene instruction needed to suit your needs
- Please feel free to bring in a camera to take a picture of your child's first visit
Following your first visit, all your records will be analyzed and a personalized treatment plan will be formulated for you. On your next visit, your treatment options will be discussed with you.
For patients with dental insurance, we do not request payment in full upfront. We accept assignment from the insurance company for payment and any differences not covered by your insurance will be the patients responsibility. New patients are asked to bring any insurance information with them at the time of the appointment. If your insurance information is not made available at your first visit, you will be asked to pay for the visit and a standard insurance form will be filled out payable to you. Once the information has been obtained, future appointments will then go through on assignment. For any major dental treatment such as orthodontics, an estimate shall be sent to the insurance company first and payment plans can be made for portions not covered by insurance.
If you fall into one of these categories:
- No insurance;
- Direct deposit-insurance payments are directly deposited into subscriber's bank account;
- Insurance cheques are made payable to the subscriber;
We will require payment upfront for all appointments.
Payment may be made with a postdated cheque dated 2 weeks following the day of treatment. This will allow adequate time for your insurance company to reimburse you.
NEW PATIENTS: PLEASE PRINT AND COMPLETE THE 4 FORMS REQUIRED AND BRING THEM WITH YOU TO YOUR FIRST VISIT.
Please note that we require 24 hours notice or 1 business day's notice for cancellations or a fee of $25.00 per 15 minutes of appointment time will apply.