We also keenly recognize our shared obligation and duty to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and well being of our patients, staff and the broader community.
As you may be aware, the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) has released recommended steps for its members to take. They are strongly recommending that “all non-essential and elective dental services should be suspended immediately. Emergency treatment should continue”. This decision will be revisited again the first week of April.
As such, we will be reaching out to you to reschedule all routine and non-essential dental procedures until the risk of transmission is lower, not only in your practices but in the community at large. We will reach out when that time has come.
Incase of a dental emergency, you can call 905-621-1570 to speak to a dentist for further screening. You may also call the Emergency Dental Clinic in Toronto at 416-485-7121. Thank you for your understanding during this time and stay safe.
In the event of a serious injury or infection requiring immediate attention visit a hospital or call 9-1-1.
We will be reaching out to reschedule all of your routine visits once normal operations resume.
For all patient visits, we:
- Perform a risk assessment and screen all patients in advance of the appointment and upon arrival at the clinic
- Observe meticulous hand hygiene practices throughout the day and hand washing before putting on PPE or handling anything that the patient may handle
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment during the appointment and interactions with patients and their environment, such as gloves, mask, eye protection, and gowns, as required
Between patient visits, we:
- Clean, disinfect and sterilize all instruments
- Wipe all operatory surfaces with disinfectant
In the reception area, we:
- Disinfect all counters and surfaces
- Make antibacterial hand rub available
At least daily, we:
- Empty standard garbage receptacles and change liners
- Clean floors (vacuum/dry mop and wet mop)
- Clean and disinfect high touch wall features (light switches, thermostat, door handles, ledges, etc.)
- Clean reception area, administrative areas and rooms
- Clean and disinfect all bathrooms
We keenly recognize our shared obligation and duty to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients, staff and the broader community.